When I started this business, I wanted to deliver the highest quality services to my customers. You might have the best technology, but if you don’t implement it the right way, you’re in for a world of hurt.
Throughout my career, I’ve worn many different hats–from a software developer, implementation consultant, product manager and now owner of a small company that helps Value Added Resellers, Systems Integrators and Independent Software Vendors deliver profitable, high-quality solutions. With my 16+ years in this industry, I’ve learned that:
- Getting it right is not easy.
- You’ve got to pay attention to the details.
- Clear communication is scarce.
The most important thing you will get from me and my team is doing the right thing in the right way.
Now, let’s get down to specifics.
Document Capture / Process Automation Consulting
Most clients I work with know me from my days as a Kofax consultant. I have worked with dozens of businesses, helping them automate their business processes using Kofax software. I have since added Ephesoft to the products I support.
As far as Document Capture / Process Automation technologies go, I can help you design and architect solutions for:
- Kofax TotalAgility
- Kofax Capture / Kofax Capture Network Server
- Kofax Capture Customizations (Custom Module, Export Connectors, Workflow Agents)
- Kofax Transformation Modules
- Kofax Kapow
- Kofax Insight
- Kofax Front Office Server
- Kofax Import Connector
- Ephesoft Smart Capture
Now, I pride myself for being able to communicate effectively across the business — working strategically with executives to create the vision and help drive success at the implementation level. I can provide continuity and consistency — weaving the strategic vision with tactical completion.
What does this mean? Use me early, and use me often.
Seen enough? Contact us and let us know how we can help.
I think the best way to convey how I might be able to help you and your business is to tell you a couple of stories on how I helped my customers.
Healthcare Provider Implementing Accounts Payable
One of my first clients was a large healthcare provider implementing Kofax Capture and Kofax Transformation Modules for Accounts Payable, which is a popular solution. My role on this project was mostly as an advisor — I worked very closely with the project manager and architect to make sure that:
- The vendor was building the right thing
- The various cross-functional teams had the right information to get the job done
- We made the right decisions along the way
I had such a great time on this project because I was able to empower so many different people by giving them the right information at the right time.
We did have some challenges along the way, but I helped my client work through them. I found myself “filling gaps” — moving the team forward every chance I got. Specifically, I found myself:
- Coaching developers on technical approaches to solving problems
- Developing best practices so the client would be able to create a “process automation practice”
- Working with the client’s training team so we can develop materials for end-user training
- Designing and supporting User Acceptance Testing
- Working with the client’s deployment team to get the system live
- Working with the client’s post-deployment support team to handle support tickets
I spent a year working with this team. I made some friends and we still keep in touch.
Financial Services Company Automating International Trade
One of my toughest, but most fulfilling projects was with a financial services company implementing Kofax Capture and Kofax Transformation Modules for automating the capture of international trade documents. I had a very broad role on this project, as a technical lead also responsible for implementing.
The most difficult part of this project was its complexity — technically and politically. It was a large classification, separation and extraction project that had lots of customization. The client had a HUGE team, spanning the globe, representing IT and the business. We had lots of turnover on the project on both sides, so it was difficult to maintain continuity.
In the end, I spent about 2.5 years with this client, on and off. Over the course of that time, I found myself:
- Working with the client to refine their requirements
- Contributing a great deal to building the overall design of the solution
- Communicating up and down both organizations
- Writing code
- Building automated test suites for classification and extraction accuracy benchmarks
- Mentoring the client’s technical staff
Aside from the tremendous technical feat, I was most proud to be a trusted resource for the client. I always strove to be open and honest about everything we did–even with mistakes being made. I believe I built a tremendous amount of credibility with everyone that was on that project.
How Can I Help You?
I think one of the most flattering things someone said to me was when I quit my first job of 12 years: “You should get a bus and take a bunch of us with you!” I’d like to think that this means that I’m a good person to work with.
If you think that I can help you or if you have any questions, I would love to hear from you. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.